• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

    Thursday, January 05, 2006

    New

    What's on your reading list for 2006?

    I find that during a break I consume fiction at a rapid rate. In the last week or so I've finished the The Better of McSweeney's, Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee, and In the Garden of the North American Martyrs by Tobias Wolff. A large stack sits by my bed too numerous to name. But I need more fiction recommendations because school starts soon and once it starts fiction gets put on hold.

    I'm in the middle of countless poetry books: Povel by Geraldine Kim, Nets by Jen Bervin, Vice by Carla Harryman, Why/Why Not by Martha Ronk, Locale by Jessica Grim, The Hounds of No by Lara Glenum and the literary journals: Phoebe & American Letters & Commentary. I know there's more but again they're sitting in a separate pile on the floor near my bed.

    I often find books in my bed under the covers, books that I will end up looking for for days. Do you fall asleep with your books?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home